Friday, January 14, 2011

Star Wars Hat

Here is an picture of Luke Skywalker for comparison. Work in progress
I would probably consider myself a geek. I grew up watching Star Trek and I love Star Wars, but I don't think I would have ever done this project on my own. I did this "hat" for my boyfriend as a Christmas present. He thought it would be cool to have a "Rebel Alliance Helmet" as a winter cap. So I crocheted him one. The entire hat is crocheted with the exception of some stitching I did on the detail, and some embroidery I did for the "V" symbols on the side and the design over the ear. It was a little late for Christmas, but it came with a neat little needle felted helmet Christmas ornament. (Maybe, I'll upload pictures of this later). If I would ever do it again to sell on Etsy or for anyone else, I would probably change a couple things, but I'm really happy with the way it came, out, and I think he is too.

Later, Jess

2 comments:

  1. Honestly...this hat made me want to be you!!! This is the coolest thing EVER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I just got an order for this hat, thanks for the pic!

    ReplyDelete